Translators have a tough job to do. Mastering two or more languages is not an easy task. Moreover, it is even more difficult if the language is as tough as Russian. Russian language is considered to be a very significant part of high class literature. It is believed to have a tradition of its own. Translating English to Russian and vice versa is also a very difficult task because of the use of Cyrillic letters, which makes it look like Latin at times. About 150 million people speak Russian in Russia. Although, people in other parts of USSR are also familiar with this language.
Problems while translating English to Russian
- A lot of difference between the two languages – When an English to Russian translator tries to translate one language to another, the differences between the two languages cause a major problem. Spelling, grammar and sentences in English are very different from that in Russian. Almost everything about these two languages is different from one another. However, since a lot of people want to learn these two languages, the demand for translators is very high these days. Russian is widely used in the whole world and has a different dialect, lexis and writing style.
- Culture – The difference between the culture of Russia and English speaking countries is a major obstacle for a translator. A simple phrase in English may mean a totally different thing for a Russian because of the cultural contexts. Moreover, there are a lot of words and phrases in Russian that are associated with the current status and condition of the country. In order to learn Russian language and efficiently translate it, a translator should gather knowledge about the culture and tradition of Russia.
- Word order – This is a major difference between the two languages. A fixed word order exists in English language, unlike Russian. The word order in Russian is not fixed at all. Just a little bit of change in the composition of words can lead to a major change in the meaning. Grammar and writing style of the two languages is also very different from each other.
- Absence of same words – The strangest thing about these two languages is that sometimes you will be unable to find words with the same meaning. Some words of the Russian language are not present in the English language.
- Inaccurate software – Software in the market that is mostly used by an English to Russian translator are usually inaccurate. A lot of tools have recently been developed for translation between the two languages, most of which are inefficient and ineffective. Some of the software and tools are basic, while others are pretty advanced and have been created by big corporations. But the result is the same for most of them. Most of these tools fail to understand the concepts related with the translations associated with English and Russian. However, there are some tools on the Internet that are quite accurate but you can never rely on them because of the inconsistency.
Can't find what you are looking for? Search our site below: